Elderberries are a rich source of vitamin C and are fantastic immune boosters. The berries are also known to help increase your antioxidant levels.
- Major Cold and Flu Relief
- Sinus Infection Aid
- Lowers Blood Sugar
- Natural Diuretic
- Natural Laxative
- Encourages Healthy Skin
- Ease Allergies
- Helps Prevent Cancer
Elderberry Syrup Recipe
Serving size: 3 cups
Cook time: 45 minutes
3 cups filtered water
½ Cup of dried organic elderberries
1/3 cup of dried organic rosehips (optional for extra vitamin c boost)
½ Raw Local honey
- This mixture will last for many months is a cook dark pantry or in the refrigerator.
- Place dried elderberries and rose hips in medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer on medium love for 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mash the elderberries and rosehips to release any remaining juice.
- Allow the mixture to cool before adding honey to preserver antibiotic properties of the raw honey.